Sunday, November 24, 2013

Where are you going, where have you been?

    This story, about Connie and her experiences with Arnold Friend, was creepy and weird to me. My reaction to this while I was reading it was that I was extremely confused. I did not understand completely what was going on when Arnold Friend showed up at Connie's house. It was confusing for many reasons but mainly because Arnold Friend came out of no where and showed up at Connie's house. He knew everything about Connie and she had no idea who Arnold Friend was. When she asked him how he knew all about her and all about her friends and her family he said that he asked around about her. I was also realizing around that point in this story that it was starting to become really creepy and it seemed like something was wrong. As Connie kept conversing with him it started to become almost inevitable in my mind that Connie was about to be in serious danger physically. Connie kept talking with Arnold Friend and it really started to seem as if Arnold Friend was made up. It seemed like he was just in Connie's imagination and that none of that was even happening. When I realized that she may have just made Arnold Friend up in her head the story started making a little more sense to me. Because of the fact that this story was very confusing I did not like it very much. Also I did not like this story because it never really revealed what was happening in the end of the story. I was waiting the whole time I was reading the story to find out what was going to happen in the end and then when I finally got to the end of the story it still did not make any sense to me. The author did not have a clear ending and I am not a fan of stories that end like that. I like a clear ending that the author built up to during the whole story because that is what usually keeps me into stories. When the ending is not clear I walk away from reading the story dissatisfied and I do not feel good about having read the story. I am a straight forward kind of person and that is how I like stories that I read. I know that sounds boring and unimaginative but everyone is different and that is how I feel about novels, I do not like having to give a story my own ending for what I think would have happened.  

No comments:

Post a Comment