Friday, October 18, 2013

Blog #4

This book is one of my favorite books of all time. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is one of my favorite books i think for many reasons. I love that the book has a lot of fantasy in it. It makes me wish i could go to Hogwarts. The style of the book and how great it is written makes me feel as if i am even there sometimes. I get so lost in reading it that I forget I a, not actually there and that i am just reading. I want to meet Harry, Ron and Hermione so badly because J.K Rowling writes the book in the way for the reader to feel like that. I also like this novel because it is not that predictable. There are many events in the novel that I never predicted would happen which makes the book even better. For example I never even thought once that Ginny was going to be the person in Hogwart's doing all the bad things such as writing the words on the wall in blood or Ginny being the one that opened the chamber of secrets. I know that she was manipulated into opening the chamber of secrets and it makes sense to me now after I read the book but before I started to read the book and during the book up until I found out she was the one that opened the chamber of secrets I for sure did not think it was going to be Ron's little sister Ginny who is Harry's best friend. Books are never as fun to read if you know what is going to happen next. It is the suspense of trying to figure out what is going to happen or who is going to do it that makes a book great. J.K Rowling does a great job in this novel of making the reader want to keep reading and reading. I constantly found myself wanting to read more and more. I always wanted to keep reading in class when we had to stop. This novel is by far one of the best written books I will ever read. J.K Rowling's imagination to be able to create such an awesome novel must be amazing. She is a great author and I am glad I chose to read this book. This book just set me up to want to read the next book in the series which I plan to start soon.

1 comment:

  1. you like suspense but you are reading Harry Potter? There is a contradiction there, sir.

    ReplyDelete