Friday, March 21, 2014

Lone Survivor #2

The ending of this book is predictable in the fact that all of the soldiers are killed except for Marcus but it is suppose to be predictable, it is in the title. The title of this book, Lone Survivor shows you that obviously only one of the soldiers is going to survive. It is also obvious that it will be Marcus that survives since he is the author of this book. Although the ending is predictable and known it is still is a very interesting book and I enjoyed reading the whole book. The reason why I enjoyed this book so much even though it was predictable is because of the details he goes into and things he talks about that, that I never really heard anyone that has experienced or done them talk about. Marcus Luttrell talked about things he did and experienced while he was in the Middle East fighting as a soldier for the United States of America. For example he talked about different missions they went on and things they did during the missions. I remember one sentence in the book when he said that they were constantly fearing for their lives as they drove through the city, having to scan the roof tops for terrorists. Marcus Luttrell said that as they had to keep going through the city and scan the roof tops and constantly be on the look out for terrorists they started to begin to think like the terrorists. Luttrell said that they had to think and fight like the terrorists otherwise they would be killed by them. All of this was just so interesting to me. A quote from this book from Marcus Luttrell that really got to me and actually gave me the chills was “I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.” This is such a strong statement and in my eyes is the best couple of lines in the book. This fits in so well with the whole book and it is exactly what he did when he was faced with adversity. He was knocked down many times but he kept getting back up and kept fighting on.     

No comments:

Post a Comment